There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

One dead in Friday morning fire in Gordon County

November 29, 2019–3:49 p.m.


A man is dead following a fire Friday morning in Gordon County.

According to the Gordon Gazette:

Shortly after 8 a.m. this morning, personnel with Gordon County Fire & Rescue responded to a structure fire at the corner of Hanes Road and Oakman Road, near the old school house building in Oakman. According to GCF&R Battalion Chief Heath Derryberry, upon arrival, fire personnel discovered an outbuilding with an attached camper fully engulfed in flames. It appears a man had been living in the structure, which had no electricity or water, and he was using numerous grill-type propane tanks for heat. The man did get out of the structure but was found deceased in front of the burning building when fire personnel arrived.