February 3rd, 2020 – 3:15 PM
National Weather Service & Floyd County Emergency Management –
Potential severe and flooding weather threats on Wednesday and Thursday:
Heavy rain will move in late Wednesday and continue through late Thursday night. Some storms could be severe.
- Widespread 2 to 4 inches expected with local amounts to 6 inches possible with the highest amounts over west and north Georgia
- Light rain will move in Tuesday but heavy rain expected to start Wednesday evening
- Based on expected streamflow and soil moisture, minor flooding of creeks and rivers appears likely especially over north Georgia
- A Flood or Flash Flood Watch may be issued later this week
- Some wraparound light rain will linger on Friday
- Two rounds of strong to severe storms are possible
- One on Wednesday afternoon and evening over west Georgia
- Another round on Thursday over much of north and central Georgia
- Damaging winds will be the primary threat. A few brief tornadoes are also possible.
- The storms should push out of the area by Thursday evening.