March 21, 2021–7:25 p.m.
GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
We have seen significant declines in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations from the after-holiday spike, but should we be concerned about any of the COVID-19 variants?
Dr. Gary Voccio, health director for the 10-county Northwest Health District said there are significant spikes in the variants in the Midwest, the mid-Atlantic, and the northeastern United States.
He also added that Dr. Voccio said that around 160,000 vaccines in Northwest Georgia. 57% have been administered by local health departments while the other 43% have been provided by other healthcare providers.
You can view the update below.